I went through Magento Community Extensions, and short listed the following extensions worth my trying.
This module will provide a LiveChat support in Magento.
It don’t depends third party platform
It don’t require to fill a form before start a conversation
It identify automatically registered user
It provide information about the current page of the customer
It can provide useful information about transformation rate
Conversation are archived and available forever
It support multiple site
It support multiple operator
LiveChat behaviour can be customised with advanced configuration options
Apppearence can be easily customised with css
This module was designed as an alternative to Magento Live Chat module. This module will help you integrate your Magento store with Google Talk. YALC – will allow you to use Google Talk service to support your customers. The main advantages of the module Luxe YALC module is:
1. Reliability. Server, even at the most reliable hosting services less reliable than Google.
2. Speed. Since the entire load on the transmission of messages rests with the Google Talk service is the work of IM does not affect the speed and load on your server.
3. Privacy. Communication takes place completely anonymously, ie, your client can not even your Google Account.
4. You can chat simultaneously with an unlimited number of users.
5. Increased number of users does not affect the speed of chat.
6. Free of charge. All you need – register Google Account for your support service.
7. You do not have to constantly keep running a third-party chat client. You can use for chat your favorite IM
8. All chat history is stored in Google Account, so you can always revert to it if you have forgotten. Google search helps you quickly find the needle message.
I do not agree with “Server, even at the most reliable hosting services less reliable than Google”. In April I noticed Google Chatback had been down for several days. My server can be more reliable than that record. Anyway, it does not devalue this extension.
Chinese Simplified (China) Language Pack
This extension enables you to hide categories and products from customers depending on the customer group.
Points and rewards module
Magento Easy Lightbox Community Module
This small extension will help to convert default magento store view switcher into nice flag buttons. Installation and configuration will take approximately 5 minutes. No files are replaced and no codding experience needed to install!
Magento Easy Catalog Images Community Module
A Blog build from scratch to work seamlessly in magento.
Log in on front as any customer using universal password for administration purposes
Drupal extension is a set of Core API extensions that offers a full access for Drupal modules to Orders, Catalog and so on.
This extension, will offer you to TOTALLY bypass Magento front office, using Drupal instead.
When a new user is created a Magento user is automatically created also.
Orders can be created from Drupal, cart is managed from Drupal.
Catalog is syncrhonized, so each Magento Product is a Drupal node that you can push into Views, etc….
Replaces the standard single column drop down with a multi-column dropdown as used on sites like www.asos.com This style of menu is ideally suited to sites with a large number of categories/sub-categories. Templates and skins are provided for the default and modern themes
Allow your customers to purchase and use Gift Certificates.
Adds reCAPTCHA to “Send Email to a Friend”, “Contact Us” and “Account Creation” pages.
Google Maps Store Locator
Magento Community Modules – English (United Kingdom) Language Pack
In Magento every product has a fixed attibute set. This module enables you to switch it.